Bertie County provides citizens with free public access to a nice variety of parks and playgrounds. Some of the locations we include on this list are county or school-maintained properties; others are municipalities.
For your convenience, some locations we share here offer picnic tables or benches so you can take a lunch and enjoy spending quality time.
Regardless, you and your children will have fun taking advantage of these wonderful parks and playgrounds!
Guidelines and Rules for Our Parks and Playgrounds:
Most parks and playgrounds follow some basic, common-sense rules to ensure that all visitors can be safe and enjoy their experience. Some facilities post additional guidelines; those will always prevail. Rules may vary from what we publish here.
Bertie News provides these as general guidelines; we do not make or enforce the rules. Nor do we bear any responsibility for you following the rules.
- Pets are not permitted in the public parks and playgrounds, with the exception of service animals.
- You may not operate an ATV or four-wheeler in these locations.
- If you are using a playing field, organized recreational leagues will take precedence.
- The use of illegal drugs or alcohol are prohibited.
- No smoking or tobacco use on the playing fields.
- Please place your trash and recyclable materials in the bins provided.
- You may use county and municipal parks and playgrounds from sunrise to sundown, unless otherwise noted. However parks and playgrounds located on school grounds are closed to the public on school days until after 4 pm.
- Observe all local signage.
Find Parks and Playgrounds in Bertie County:
Here are the locations of our local parks and playgrounds:
- All-Inclusive Playground | 1538 South King Street, Windsor, NC
- Aulander Elementary School | 2515 North Carolina 305, Aulander, NC
- Aulander Park, Splash Pad, and Fitness Trail | Corner of Rice Avenue & Canal Street, Aulander, NC
- Bertie Beach | 243 Bal Gra Road, Merry Hill, NC
- Cashie River Walking Trail | 112 West Water Street, Windsor NC (trail head located at far end of the Cashie River Center parking lot)
- Colerain Elementary School | 202 North Academy Street, Colerain, NC
- Kelford Community Park | North Main Street, Kelford, NC (next to the Kelford Fire Department)
- Livermon Park and Mini-Zoo | 103 North York Street, Windsor, NC
- West Bertie Elementary School | 3734 Governor’s Road, Kelford, NC
- Windsor Elementary School | 104 Cooper Hill Road, Windsor, NC
Bertie County Parks and Recreation Department
Residents interested in learning about recreational league sports can reach out to the Bertie County Parks and Recreation staff. You can visit them at 101 School Street, Windsor, or call them at 252.794.5363 to learn about their many programs.
Some of the activities they offer include the following:
- Exercise class
Note: Any omission of a public park is an oversight. We manually research and verify each resource in the Bertie News resource pages. Please use our Contact page to send us a note so we can fix it.