Are you in the market for a new job or trying to take your career to the next level? If you answered yes, then the NC Works Virtual Job fair on October 6, 2021, is a must-attend.
NC Works will host this event from 10 am to 12 noon on the 6th, and you can attend from the comfort of home. All you must do is brush up your resume, pre-register for the event, and show up to learn about opportunities with top employers.
What Employers Will Hire People at the NC Works Virtual Job Fair?
Here are some of the employers who plan to recruit new team members during this event:
- ThermoFisher Scientific
- Nucor of Hertford County
- State of North Carolina Department of Transportation
- North Carolina Department of Public Safety
- MJM Yachts
- Metcore Industrial Solutions
- Camfil Clean Air Solutions
- Nease Personnel
What is NC Works?
NC Works helps registered job seekers connect with employers seeking to hire people throughout the entire state of North Carolina.
Some of the jobseeker services they provide include these:
- Career counseling
- Job referrals
- Resume writing assistance
- Mock interviews
- Mapping your career pathway
- Youth programming
- Job aid for veterans
- Career assessments
Although their services traditionally served clients in-person, they pivoted to remote operations during the height of the pandemic. Currently, they are using a blended model of face-to-face and online.
Jennie Bown, Workforce Development Director, says this:
Bertie County NC Works Office
Bertie County job seekers can find the local NC Works office at 409 West Granville Street, Windsor, North Carolina. They have an office inside the Martin County Community College Bertie Campus, and you can visit them from 9 am to 3 pm on Tuesday and Thursday. If you wish to call them before you head over to see them, their phone number is 252.794.4861.
Tips for Interview Success at the NC Works Virtual Job Fair
Of course, you must treat virtual interviews and job fairs with the same level of respect that you would treat one in person. Besides that, you must also consider a few technical issues before you log on to the event.
- Dress for success: Employers may wish to conduct break away from the session for an immediate one-on-one interview. You will be visible on camera. Wear clothing appropriate to the job you want.
- Dress up your resume: Before the event, double-check your resume to ensure it’s updated, accurate, and attractive.
- Find a quiet space: You–and potential employers–might find background noise a distraction. Try to find a quiet place to attend.
- Ensure you have sufficient internet speed: Slow speed can drop you off this imporant conference. If your home internet is too slow, find someplace with faster internet–think library or a community college.
- Check your microphone, camera, and speakers before the event: It’s best to check system quality well in advance. A pre-check enables you to fix any bugs in the system. It can cause you to become flustered if you must deal with these challenges when the event is underway.
- Prepare your environment: A clean, uncluttered background elevates you above other applicants. Taking the time to consider this shows attention to detail. If such a space does not exist in your home, you may want to pre-load a virtual background, preferably something simple and professional.
- Do a lighting check: Make sure the interviewers can see you clearly. Lighting streaming from behind can make anyone appear shadowed. On the other hand, illuminating your space from the front puts you in the literal best light.
- Be yourself: Let your resume do the talking for you, answer questions honestly, and remain professional throughout the process.
Good Luck Landing That Dream Job!
Many excellent employers plan to recruit new team members at the NC Works Virtual Job Fair. These companies are manufacturing industry leaders, state agencies, and other companies eager to fill jobs. With great paying jobs, excellent benefits, and so many open positions, you won’t find a better time to start that new career.