Roanoke Electric Cooperative will host an Energy Efficiency Workshop for its member-owners on Wednesday, December 1st. The Zoom internet-based event will run from 5 pm to 6 pm.
You might wonder why your power bill is so high lately–especially if you are away at work for many hours each week.
The energy experts will explain what household habits and activities cause spikes in your bill. Here are some examples:
- Do you run ceiling fans, even when you leave the room?
- By chance, do you run a space heater to supplement your heat?
- How much energy do you really save by bumping the thermostat down two degrees during the cold of winter?
- What about turning it up two degrees in the heat of the summer months?
Presenters will explain what these kinds of devices do to your energy usage. On the other hand, they will help you understand what actions you can take to lower it to a more reasonable amount.
A REC press release promises that you will “get the answers to your burning questions at the co-op’s virtual Energy Efficiency Workshop.”
Additionally, guest speakers will share information, community resources, and special offers available to REC member-owners to meet their financial needs.
Guest Speakers at the Virtual Energy Event
The following individuals are the guest speakers:
- LaConda Rogers, ElecTel Credit Union – Branch Supervisor (I bet you did not know that member-owners have a credit union opportunity.)
- Patricia Nixon-Vann – Food and Nutrition Supervisor
- Jacqueline Porter – Supervisor of Daycare, Medical Transportation, General Assistance, Energy Assistance, and Work First.
These resources serve a vital role in helping members live their best lives, so don’t miss out on the chance to learn more.
A Valuable Giveaway for Registered Participants…and How to Register
Finally, Roanoke Electric Cooperative will do a $300 energy bill credit giveaway, only for member-owners who join them via Zoom for this workshop. You must be present at the session to win.
You may click here to register to attend the workshop.