Wed. Jun 22nd, 2022

Elected Officials

elected officials capitol building
Love us? Please share!

This page will help you learn more about your elected officials.

Some Bertie residents live within municipalities with mayors or town councils. So if you live within a town limit, check with your local municipal office for meeting dates and learn the names of your town commissioners and mayors. This is how you can engage and make your voice heard. 

However, all residents are served by the following representation:

  • Bertie Board of Commissioners
  • One state senator
  • One state representative
  • Two United States Senators
  • One United States Congressional Representative.
elected officials capitol building

Local Elected Officials: The Bertie County Board of Commissioners

All Bertie County residents are served by one of the Bertie County commissioners, depending on your geographic location. Learn which elected official represents you, according to your neighborhood with Bertie County.

  • Tammy A. Lee, Chair. Representing District III: Colerain 1 & 2; Mitchells 1 & 2
  • John Trent, Vice Chair. Representing District IV: Roxobel and Woodville
  • Ronald Roberson. Representing District V: Snakebite and Indian Woods
  • Ronald Wesson. Representing District I: Windsor 1 & 2
  • Greg Atkins. Representing District II: Merry Hill and Whites

The Board of Commissioners meets once per month. These meetings are open to the public. Click this link to check the Bertie County online calendar for the most current information.

State Elected Officials: NC Senate and State House of Representatives

Here are the elected officials who represent Bertie County in the North Carolina General Assembly. If you have a state issue or concern, these people might be able to help you.

North Carolina Senate, District 3  

Each citizen of Bertie County is represented in District 3 of the State Senate. Your state representative is:

Ernestine Bazemore

16 West Jones Street, Room 1106, Raleigh, NC 27601

Phone: 919.715.3040


Do you want to know how your state Senator Bazemore votes on issues? Click on the voting record:

North Carolina House of Representatives, District 1

Bertie residents are represented in the NC House of Representatives, District 1. Your state representative is:

Ed Goodwin

16 W. Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27601-1096

Phone: 919.733.6729


Learn more about how Representative Ed Goodwin votes on the issues:

Federal Elected Officials

Don’t know who to call to express an opinion in Congress? These are the elected officials representing Bertie County.

United States Senate

Every person in North Carolina shares two United States Senators. They both split time between Washington, DC, and North Carolina. Each senator has several office locations around NC, but we include the nearest to Bertie County for your convenience.

You should call your US senator to express concern about current or proposed federal laws; for assistance with Washington, DC tours, getting help with federal paperwork; to apply for federal internships and other federal business grants. Senators require appointments but welcome meeting the people they represent.

Senator Thom Tillis

DC office:

113 Dirksen Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510

Phone: 202.224.6342

Greenville office:

1694 E. Arlington Blvd., Suite B, Greenville, NC 27858


Email Senator Tillis, here:

Learn more about votes cast by Senator Tillis by clicking here:

Senator Richard Burr

DC office:

217 Russell Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510

Phone: 202.224.3154

Rocky Mount office:

100 Coast Line Street, Room 210, Rocky Mount, NC 27804

Phone: 252.977.9522

Email Senator Burr, here:

To learn more about how Senator Burr votes on the issues, click here:

United States Congress

Bertie County falls into Congressional District 1. Your United States Congressional Representative offers internships, assistance with federal agencies; passport assistance; nominations to military academies; and federal grant money assistance. You may also contact your representative to express concerns about upcoming or current federal laws.

Like the US Senators, the Congressional Representative maintains an office in Washington, DC. Also like the senate, they keep a “home base” in North Carolina.

Congressman G.K. Butterfield

Washington, DC office:

2080 Rayburn, House Office Building, Washington, DC 20515

Phone: 202.225.3101

Wilson, North Carolina office:

216 NE Nash Street, Suite B, Wilson, NC 27893

Phone: 252.237.9816

Learn more about how Representative Butterfield votes on the issues:

Translate »