Vidant Health Foundation and Bertie 4-H are teaming up to present the “Couch to 5K” challenge to promote a fitter lifestyle for children aged five to twelve, with the challenge culminating on October 30, 2021, at the Bertie Spectacular 5K.
The information posted in a press release by the North Carolina Cooperative Extension’s Bertie County office explains the following:
Throughout the entire month of October, participants will learn healthier food preparation and eating habits. Additionally, the children will train to complete the Couch to 5K race event throughout the month.
More Details on the Couch to 5K Event
- Parents who want to enroll their children must do so by completing this online Google form by September 24, 2021.
- Thanks to the generous sponsorship of the Vidant Health Foundation, the cost to take on this challenge is only $5 per child.
- Children ages five to twelve may join this fun, healthy challenge.
- Meetings will be a combination of online/virtual and in-person at the Bertie County Cooperative Extension Office. Their address is 104 Lancaster Avenue, Windsor, NC 27983. The press release also mentions other training locations around Bertie County.
- The program offers limited spaces for enrollment.
- Parents of children who have disabilities can make accommodation requests five days prior to the event.
- The final event, the Bertie Spectacular 5K and 1-mile walk, take place on October 30, 2021. The race starts at 9 am behind the Windsor Town Hall, near Livermon Park and Mini Zoo, 103 North York St. The race is a loop, ending at the same location.
If you need additional information about the event, contact Guy Holley, North Carolina Cooperative Extension agent, at 252.794.5318 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.