NENC Career Pathways will present a virtual event called Community Career Expo on February 15th, 2022, from 10 am until 2 pm.
As we continue to enter into a post-pandemic world, many employees are self-reflecting and reevaluating employment options. Besides that, the recent fire at the Rocky Mount, NC QVC warehouse left several Bertie residents jobless.
Because of these factors, some Bertie residents are considering their next move. Attending the Community Career Expo can help you plan to build a brighter future.
In a partnership between NCWorks, universities, and manufacturers located in northeastern NC, NENC Pathways identified four region-specific, high-demand career pathways. The following are career opportunities identified across twenty NE NC counties:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Business support services (including IT)
- Health care
- Agriscience and biotechnology
What to Expect During the Community Career Expo
This is what the event will look like on February 15th:
- 9:30 am: Early access opens to registered participants
- 10 am: The event goes “live.” It will remain open to registrants for four hours.
- 2 pm: The event closes.
Because the current trends predict that virtual career fairs will be how employers hire in the future, this online event walks attendees through the process and gives them “practice” at navigating these tools. As a result, they will feel more confident about attending larger online hiring events.
NENC Career Pathways offers the following guidance for job seekers who attend the Community Career Expo:
- Use the time at this meeting to inquire about local community resources and potential career opportunities.
- Ask about no-cost resources, scholarship opportunities, and other available benefits.
- If you are interested in a topic or a job, share that enthusiasm. This engagement makes you stand out from other individuals who attend.
- Dress professionally. Although the event is virtual, dressing well still makes a favorable impression.
- Remove distractions and background noise.
- Be prepared for an on-the-spot interview when you attend online a career expo. Employers might ask to video chat with you directly.
- Polish up your resume before the event. Need help brushing up your resume? Click the box to indicate such on your event registration–you’ll receive guidance from there.
Even if you have never attended a virtual job fair, NENC Career Pathways advises that its platform is user-friendly and intuitive.
Whether you are seeking employment due to a job loss or just want to try something new, the Community Career Expo can help you make an informed decision.
Are you ready to register? Click here to go to the Community Career Expo registration page.