The December meeting of the Bertie County Board of Commissioners meeting will convene on December 6, 2021, at 6 pm.
The monthly meeting of the Bertie County Board of Commissioners is your opportunity to make public comments or offer opinions to the commissioners (during the public comment period). Additionally, it gives you the most accurate information, straight from your elected representatives.
Below are the contents of the public notice of this meeting.
Agenda for The Bertie County Board of Commissioners Meeting:
6:00 PM Welcome, Call to Order, and Roll Call by Board Chair Tammy Lee, Commissioners Room, Windsor
Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance by Commissioner Ron Roberson
Election of Chairman presided by County Manager Juan Vaughan, II
Election of Vice-Chairman
Comments from the Commissioners
(1) Water System Asset Inventory Report by Rodney Tart, Green Engineering
(2) Emergency Medical Services and Non-Emergency Transport Financial Update by Dave Pickren, Colleton Software
(3) Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Financial Summary by Finance Director William Roberson
Board Appointments (B)
Consent Agenda (C)
- Approve Tax Release Journal –September 2021
- Approve Tax Release Journal – October 2021
- Approve Register of Deeds Fees Report – October 2021
- Approve Register of Deeds Fees Report – November 2021
- Approve Bonds held for Bertie County Officials
- Approve Budget Amendments
- Approve Appointment of Fire Chief Harris Williams to Lewiston-Woodville Volunteer Fire Department Relief Board
- Approve Water System Asset Inventory Report
- Approve National Opioid Distributor Settlement Participation Form
- Approve Jansseen Opioid Settlement Participation Form
- Approve Fire Protection Service District Technical Assistance Agreement
Other Items – Discussion Agenda (D)
- EMS Staffing Update & Approval of Conveyance of Trailer Campers to Haywood County
- DOT Petition for Road Addition of Bond Lane
Commissioners Reports (E)
County Manager’s Reports (F)
County Attorney’s Reports (G)
Public Comments (3 minutes per speaker)
Pursuant to NCGS § 143-318.11(a)(5) To establish, or to instruct the public body’s staff or negotiating agents concerning the position to be taken by or on behalf of the public body in negotiating (i) the price and other material terms of a contract or proposed contract for the acquisition of real property by purchase, option, exchange, or lease; or (ii) the amount of compensation and other material terms of an employment contract or proposed employment contract.
Pursuant to NCGS § 143-318.11(a)(6) To consider the qualifications, competence, performance, character, fitness, conditions of appointment, or conditions of initial employment of an individual public officer or employee or prospective public officer or employee; or to hear or investigate a complaint, charge, or grievance by or against an
individual public officer or employee.